Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Louis Nout

Three years ago, I found myself in DeLand Florida in my efforts to resolve the issues surrounding Emily.

I found there a sleepy town halfway between Orlando and Daytona, and many people who took me in and gave me friendship, good company and a reason to visit again and again - DeLand has become my second home.

Louis was the grouchy general manager of my "local" - The Brickhouse on Woodland Boulevard - he taught me how to play dice for "Hoops", made excellent food and split my sides with his dry wit.

I cried when one of the "regulars" emailed me with the horrible news that Loius had been shot and killed by a scumbag, Joseph Vincent Attardo of Deltona, who had discharged a weapon into a crowd and the shot hit Louis in the chest.




Stray bullet kills DeLand restaurateur; suspect charged

Police: Shooting victim not target

Slain cafe worker loved area

Community Outraged Over Shooting Death

Joseph Vincent Attardo charged with manslaughter



Louis Nout

Funeral service for Louis Nout, 39, West Rich Avenue, DeLand, who died Sat., Nov. 25, 2006, at Florida Hospital DeLand, will be 10 a.m. Mon., Dec. 4, at St. Peter's Catholic Church with the Rev. Tom Connery officiating. Burial will be at DeLand Memorial Gardens. Calling hours are from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m. Sunday at Lankford Funeral Home, 220 E. New York Ave. Mr. Nout was born in Holland and came here in 1996 from the Florida Keys. He was a member of Mainstreet DeLand Association, and helped with the Dutton House Restoration. He attended St. Peter's Catholic Church, where he helped with Octoberfest. He also helped with the DeLand Fall Festival of the Arts. Survivors include two brothers and one sister, all of Holland, and many dear friends in DeLand. Memorial donations suggested to The Louis Nout Fund, c/o Mainstreet Community Bank, 204 S. Woodland Blvd., DeLand, FL 32720. Lankford Funeral Home, DeLand, is in charge of arrangements.

The stinking cowardly piece of excrement that shot Louis is now out on bail within 48 hours of taking Louis' life.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to read this Karl.