Thursday, May 29, 2008

Welcome to the Home by the Sea

It's official - I am a beach bum!

I moved into a beach house yesterday in Ormond by the Sea on the east coast of Florida about spitting distance north of Daytona.

Up early in the morning in time to watch the sun rise with a complete and utter muppet bluffing tai chi exercises in front of an otherwise pristine view.




No sign of Emily and no telephone call either. No point in getting your hopes up in this situation - better to be a born pessimist I feel so you are never disappointed.

Judge Doyle has faxed a letter up to the State Department as requested and maybe the visa situation will get unblocked or not - we shall see.

Other than that, I have spent a day cleaning my apartment and I'm going swimming in the dying hours to wash off the heat of the day - exercise is something I seem to be getting a lot of at the moment as I went swimming this morning, had a couple of miles walking on the beach followed by a 3 mile run into my attorney's office.

I think my family will take one look at me and ask "Who are you and what have you done with Dad?"

Sorry Dizzy but alas - I am no longer the BFG - love you sweetheart and miss you all terribly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there to the end karl,thats what you taught me, remember. our thoughts are with you constantly and enjoy the sun while you can cos its a beautiful memory that I still have of the ".Island" when I was over there fighting for the boys.Keep us updated and kno we are all thinking of you ok.when the going gets tough THE TOUGH AKA YOU, get going even harder, lots luv xxxxx from your wee poppit. lol